Thursday, February 11, 2010

Observation 4: If kids know about deodorant, they sure don't smell like it

I have noticed a lack of hygiene at the school I teach at in the mornings. These kids are between 13 and 18 years old (I even have one that's 21) and probably going through some stage of puberty, but could someone please tell them about Old Spice? I'm not saying that every child is a stinky child, but it only takes a handful to leave the entire school like Chernobyl.

The worst part is that I have three of my classes directly after their recess. So these boys come in after running and playing football (soccer) for the past 30 minutes and then all sit in a small cramped room together. The smell just seems to brew around filling the air until its nearly impossible to breathe. The other teachers warned me about this early on. They called it "Huele a Tigre," which loosely means tiger smell. The smell lives up to its name. It's like being stuck in a jungle somewhere, trapped and alone, with a heavy humidity wrapped around you, suffocating you, while feeling the presence of some gigantic beast lurking around waiting to pounce. It reminds me of the cologne, Sex Panther from Anchorman.

I'm kind of tempted to try and start a water balloon fight so that these kids might finally take a shower, but no one else seems to be truly affected by the smell. Maybe they are all use to it. Still, hopefully one of them will learn of Axe Body Spray. I prefer a cloud of that over Huele a Tigre.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.tienda.com/bath/products/de-06.html

    haha its called mango in spain. but maybe at costco you could buy some axe at discount and have it shipped

    ReplyDelete
  2. you want me to bring you back some of those spanish goodies?

    mango is a very popular place here. its kinda an upscale clothes chain like zara.

    ReplyDelete