Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This just in: Stephen is still alive in Spain

Dear Beloved Reader,

I'm sorry for abandoning you for the last month. I truly regret not taking a few minutes a week to drop a line and let you know how things are. If I could take it all back I would. Even the four days I had discovering the once-capitol-of-the-world: Istanbul, and getting lost in the mind of a genius in Barcelona, not to mention sipping champagne in Paris on New Year's, and even partying from sun-down to sun-up in Madrid. None of it was worth the time I missed connecting with you.

So please forgive me... again. I promise I won't let you down this time. I know I don't deserve a second (or third) chance, but if you do decide to continue reading my blog, I will share with you stories that you've only read about in books. Stories of adventure, love, and governmental corruption. They shouldn't even be considered stories, because they are true narrative accounts of a Texan crusading around the world in search of the Eternal Question. -Let me just stop myself right there. First, if you believe even one word of that crap, you don't know me very well. And second, if you want to hear about those kind of stories, don't read about Spain, read about Northern Ireland.

If you want to read about how I'm doing and a couple (sorry attempts to be) funny stories along the way, come check back every week or so and I'll do my best to supply them to you. Thanks for the support.

Stephen

2 comments:

  1. Apology accepted. Now update your blog! -- from one of your Beloved Readers (Mom)

    ReplyDelete